Recently Microsoft has introduced a new feature in Windows 8 which is known as a Windows 8 Hybrid Boot. This allows the user to reduce startup times after shutting down your Windows 8 PC.
What is Windows 8 Hybrid Boot
Microsoft has already demonstrated Windows 8 Hybrid Boot process, which is really fast compared to previous OS Windows 7. The new Windows 8 Hybrid Boot is fast because of the new feature called Hybrid boot. Generally in hibernation mode, all files are saved in the same state, but in Windows 8 Hybrid Boot mode only the system files are saved, so that booting will not take much time.
Shutdown and startup times are considerably less in Windows 8 because of Windows 8 Hybrid Boot integration. Windows 8 Hybrid Boot is enabled by default, but in case you want to disable it or enable it or may be if not enabled by default, you can do it from the control panel. Here is how.
Enable Windows 8 Hybrid Boot
Kindly follow the below mentioned steps in order to enable or disable Windows 8 Hybrid Boot :
- Open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Hardware and Sound, then to the Power Options.
- From the left pane, click : Choose what the power button does.
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Now at the bottom, you will be able to enable or disable hybrid boot.
When Windows 8 Hybrid Boot is enabled, Windows 8 does not close the kernel session. The user session is only closed in case of Windows 8 Hybrid Boot.
- Windows 8 : Boom in ARM processor market?
- Windows 8 will have Xbox 360 emulator built by default
- Windows 8 will be capable of running Windows 7 programs
- Windows 8 Beta : We are waiting for
- Windows 8 : The end of the BIOS